Thursday, June 2, 2011

My first post

Well I woke up today and thought, today is the day.... I will start my blog.  I've been putting this off for a while, mostly because I have a long list of things to do.

My main goal with this blog is to produce something that my friends and family can live vicariously through me, and to give incite to the blog stumblers and the curious.  I imagine I will have jokes and tell stories I think are funny, and with luck I will even have some humor (I laugh at all of my jokes so at least I'll know they are funny).

I'm just a few days away from starting this adventure in my life.  Sunday I leave for Philly and then to Kenya.  This is a very interested place to be.  Interesting because I have a mix of fear and nervousness, but all of it is exciting!  I feel blessed to know that for two years, my job will be to help the people I am living with.  And that is awesome. 

3 comments:

  1. I'll take it that the parenthesis up there mean that you are doing that with your hands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. first night without you here and we have an amazing lightening storm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Several of us got text messages or emails about an hour ago. He is safely in his hotel. hasn't seen any lions yet but did see a huge grasshopper. he has internet access for now. likely not to have that when they move to the Peace Corps training site at Loitokitok. Loitokitok does have a cyber cafe tho so we should hear from him from time to time. he'll be in Nairobi thursday and Friday

    ReplyDelete